On September 28th, 2019, the IISC hosted a woman's only workshop entitled: "Journey of the Soul". This workshop was conducted by Sh. Navaid Aziz and covered the following topics:
- The significance of remembering death in Islam
- Signs of a good and bad ending to one's life
- The fiqh of washing the deceased, praying the janazah, and writing the will.
- What deeds benefit the deceased
- How to give condolences
- What is the actual journey of the soul
The turn out was phenomenal with over 60 women showing up, and many still on the waiting list. This was a great opportunity to learn, discuss, and socialize. The food was sponsored by Sr. Ayshe Borhot , jazaaha Allahu khairan.
If you would like to download a copy of the will template you may do so here: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/cde145_8b4fbd7cb0ae4ac6a03cba29d1936739.pdf Please consult your lawyer for legal advice and authentication.
If you have any ideas for workshops you would like the IISC to host please send an email to Navaid@iisc.ca